THE UNIVERSITY CENTRAL LIBRARY
(Maharana Pratap University of Agriculture & Technology)
Central library Building
The University Central Library renamed Dr. Amar Singh Rathore Central Library had been an integral part of the University where it had the status of the Agriculture faculty library at Rajasthan College of Agriculture, Udaipur. The college had its origin way back in 1955 to establish itself as one of the oldest institution in Rajasthan and since then has been in the process of enriching its collection in a well planned manner. The central library and other libraries of the University in different faculties cater to the information needs of students, faculty, researchers, scientists, trainees and agricultural officers both in conventional as well as electronic format. Library information system at MPUAT is partially automated, bar-coded and digitized. The libraries provide congenial environment to its readers with good ventilated and spacious reading room and also dedicated service. All bonafide members of the University are provided various facilities and services to their readers.
- Document alert service: This service is provided through which the staff/scientists/teachers are intimated about the receipt of new publications.
- Off-Line Databases: Standalone CD-ROM Databases are procured by the library and made available to users for reference. The CD ROM databases (CAB CD 1973 to 2010 and Agris 1973 to 2003) have been subscribed; however, CAB CD being renewed regularly.
- On-Line Databases: Internet and Intranet facilities are available at all the libraries in the University to retrieve and download research information; besides, all Departments are connected to the library through LAN.
- On-Line Journals: At the present 2981 scientific journals are available online through the CeRA under different modes of operation like - RA (Request Article), FT (Full Text) and AL (Available in your library).
- Digitalization: All doctoral degree theses have been digitized and are in progress since the year 2003, of which presently only the Abstracts are accessible thorough LAN.
- Reprography service: Reprography service to information seekers are provided at a subsidized rate on payment basis.
- Selective dissemination of information: Specific information as requested by the bonafide members of the library is provided.
- The library has a collection of 71,500 reference books and has been subscribing the print versions of 37 Indian Journals related to Agriculture.
|* Indian Journals only, as foreign journals are available online through CeRA
- With the availability of funds, complete digitization of the Central Library is planned in the near future, which shall ensure better operation, access, quality in services and resource sharing.
- Free access to CD ROM Databases - CAB, AGRIS, AGRICOLA, Aquatic Science and Fisheries Abstract, Food and Nutrition, Crop Protection Compendium, Animal Health Protection, Forestry Compendium, World Textile and many more through the LAN.
- Proposal to have selected print version of scientific international journals to meet out the requirements under the AL mode (Available in your Library) of e-journal facility.
- Facility of power back up by way of installing a Silent DG set of at least 15 KVA to cater to the needs of the library services during power cuts.
- Filling up of vacant posts in the library for smooth conduct of its functioning.